The parents of this 4-year-old were unaware that their child had a tree nut allergy, but luckily a deputy knew the signs of anaphylaxis and called for medical help immediately. A happy ending to what could have been a tragic story!
"Within 15 minutes of having taking the first bite of a brownie, that she didn't even like, we were in the back of an ambulance," said Marianne Glaser, Katie Ann's mother. "That's when her lips started swelling, and she broke out in the body hives, and (her nose) just started running and her eyes got red and (there was) facial swelling."
Upstate Deputy Credited For Helping 4-Year-Old